When I first decided to write this blog it was only to relay all the delicious foods and recipes that I have tasted and tried. I will include the errors and inventions of all my recipes along with their original owners as not to offend or steal anything that isn't mine.

I have to change this blog a bit. Although I love food that's not my whole life. The funniest stories come from my job so I seriously feel I need to include these so people can enjoy all the crazies that are out there. Now that I have a new IPAD, thanks Dad, I have much more opportunity to write about, well, everything. So please ignore those entries that are not for you.

Friday, January 8, 2010

National Championship

A truly devastating loss for Texas; not only because the SEC is notorious for unnecessary bragging but also because we lost our leader and quarterback within the first 5 minutes of playing. Dare I say the game might have gone a tiny bit differently if our 1st string had played. But I look forward to the next three years with our surprisingly tough and exuberant true freshman who played damn well for the 1st time at the National Championship in Pasadena.

For an appetizer I chose an uncomplicated and manly 7 layer dip (if you count the garnishes): this is always a great dish for any athletic venture and men eat it up, literally, it was gone before the 1st half ended.
There are so many versions of this recipe and I find you can sub a variety of items for healthier choices or just switch out ingredients for ones you prefer. I'm not big on refried beans so I used black beans. In the past I have also used shredded chicken in leu of ground beef when I knew company did not eat red meat. Try new items and enjoy!

Ray Craves Seven layer dip:
1 can Black beans
8-10 oz Sour Cream (use more or less depending on how thick you like that layer to be)
2 cups Guacamole (I make this with 2 avocados and the dry guac mix)
1/2 lb lean ground beef (when this is cooked mix with Taco seasoning)
8 oz shredded mixed cheeses (Mexican Cheese), again more or less depending on you
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped

Layer each item as listed beans to tomatos in a dish: I like to use a clear pie dish. This looks pretty with all the layers and is easy to eat from. Add any chips you like although the scoops work fantastically well.

Eat Hearty!

No comments:

Post a Comment