When I first decided to write this blog it was only to relay all the delicious foods and recipes that I have tasted and tried. I will include the errors and inventions of all my recipes along with their original owners as not to offend or steal anything that isn't mine.

I have to change this blog a bit. Although I love food that's not my whole life. The funniest stories come from my job so I seriously feel I need to include these so people can enjoy all the crazies that are out there. Now that I have a new IPAD, thanks Dad, I have much more opportunity to write about, well, everything. So please ignore those entries that are not for you.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rachael Rays Indian Summer Turkey Chili

This is a great recipe from Rachael Ray 30 minute Get Real Meals. This recipe actually makes a little more than 4 servings I think, and it was delicious! I made it on Monday evening and it has lasted for 3 more days of lunches for both myself and Alan. And as she says it really does seem to get better each day. I totally recommend this, especially if you don't eat ground beef, you can not tell the difference in this recipe!

Indian Summer Turkey Chili

2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey breast
3 T dark chili powder
1 T grill seasoning
1 T ground cumin
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T hot sauce
1 large yellow onion quartered (i actually chopped this)
2 bell peppers, any colors, cored, seeded, and cut in 1/4 inch dice
3/4 cup beer (i used a whole bottle...woops)
1 can (28oz) tomato sauce or puree
1/2 cup smokey BBQ sauce (i love BBQ so i used a tad more than 1/2 c and also sweet BBQ)
1 cup frozen corn kernels ( i love this edition, especially if you use green and red peppers)

Heat a pot over medium high heat. Add the EVOO and the ground turkey and season with the chili powder, grill seasoning, cumin, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Break up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon into small crumbles. Chop the onion, reserving one quarter for topping. Brown the meat for 5 minutes, then add the onion and bell peppers and cook for 10 minutes more. Add the beer and deglaze the pan, scraping up the drippings and cooking off the alcohol. Add the tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, and corn and bring to a bubble. Let the chili simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and heat level. Remove from heat and serve with any toppings you'd like.

TRY THIS ITS DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment